Apple last night released a second version Release Candidate for macOS Big Sur 11.2. This follows a first RC version published a few days ago and surprises its world a little in the sense that the final versions of the new Apple OS were until then expected for tonight.
As seen yesterday, in fact, today, at around 7 p.m. French time, should logically appear iOS 14.4, iPadOS14.4, watchOS 7.2 and tvOS 14.4. For macOS Big Sur 11.2, the wait could be longer because of the release of this RC 2 precisely. The final version of the Mac OS would then arrive rather around the weekend.
What’s new for macOS Big Sur 11.2?
MacOS Big Sur version 11.2 improves Bluetooth on Macs and fixes the following issues:
- External displays may display a black screen when connected to a Mac mini M1 (2020) via an HDMI / DVI adapter
- Apple ProRAW format photo edits are not always saved in the Photos app
- iCloud Drive may stop working after disabling the option to backup Desktop and Documents folder
- The system preferences may not open after having correctly specified the administrator password.
- The Globe key may not display the character viewer (symbols and emojis)
For the list of changes made by iOS 14.4, go there.