Huevos rancheros with green sauce.
Photo: William Neuheisel / Creative Commons
In the Mexican Kitchen are popular Huevos rancheros and Mexican style eggs; with chopped tomato, onion and green chili (the colors of the flag).
Rancheros eggs are a couple of eggs starry, served on an omelette passed by oil and dipped in sauce, which can be green or red. There are other recipes with eggs that are also considered ranch breakfasts. We share you 4 easy, tasty and cheap recipes that since Michoacán teaches us how to prepare Mrs. Angela in “From my ranch to your kitchen”.
Huevos rancheros in red chili sauce
5 eggs, 5 red chilies, 7 tomatoes, 1 small onion, 1 garlic and tortillas.
- Boil the tomatoes and chilies in water.
- Grind the tomatoes and chilies with a few slices of onion, garlic and a pinch of salt; add a splash of water.
- Brown some onion slices in a pan with a little oil and add the sauce. Let it boil.
- Mix the eggs in a bowl and then fry them.
- Add the eggs to the sauce.
Huevos rancheros with green beans
5 eggs, ½ kilo of green beans, 3 tomatoes, 2 serrano peppers, ½ onion and 1 clove of garlic. Tortillas to enjoy.
- Cook the corn with a pinch of salt
- Chop the onion, chili and green beans
- Sauté the tomato and onion in a hot frying pan with a little oil and add the green beans.
- Mix the eggs in a bowl with a pinch of salt and incorporate into the pan with the other ingredients.
Huevos rancheros with nopales
6 eggs, 10 nopales, 4 tomatoes, 4 serrano peppers, 1 perón or apple chili (you can substitute habanero), 1 clove of garlic, 1 small onion and 1 sprig of coriander.
- Chop the nopales into cubes and cook them with no water, a few slices of onion and coriander; add a taste of salt.
- Roast the tomatoes, chilies, and onion.
- Once the nopales are cooked, add a little oil to fry them.
- For the sauce: grind the onion, garlic, chilies and tomatoes.
- Mix the eggs in a bowl with a pinch of salt and add the nopales.
Simple ranch eggs
4 eggs, three tomatoes, 1 small onion, two serrano peppers, 1 garlic and 4 tortillas
- Sauce: chop the tomatoes, the chili and the onion. Let them cook in a saucepan or frying pan with a little oil; Add a pinch of salt.
- Fry tortillas and eggs (separately)
- Serve the eggs in the tortillas and cover with the sauce. Serve with refried beans.