The lemon peel is a nutritional and medicinal treasure that we cannot miss.
Lemon peel concentrates great properties, it is ideal for losing weight, fighting indigestion and flu.
Photo: Image by RENE RAUSCHENBERGER on Pixabay / Pixabay
The aromatic and unmistakable lemon is one of the citric fruits most valued for their highlights culinary uses and above all it is recognized as a food of great medicinal power.
Integrating the consumption of lemon into our daily diet will always be a success, it stands out for its numerous nutritional and healing properties. Among the main ones are its benefits for fight hypertension and cardiovascular problems, boost weight loss and the elimination of toxins, deal with stress and fatigue and of course it is the best ally of the immune system.
The lemon is a wonderful ally of the natural medicine and currents like phytotherapy and herbalism, in fact since old times It has been used by various cultures as a great medicinal ally. The use of lemon juice is probably the most popular, largely because of its rich in nutrients and its ease of combining with other ingredients.
However lemon rind is a nutritional treasure that we cannot go unnoticed. The truth is that a long list of healing properties they stay in the aromatic lemon peel, this is because it is the area in which they are concentrated in greater proportion vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. Discover 4 wonderful healing uses that will help you benefit your health, you will never waste it again.
Table of Contents
1. Detox drink, to eliminate toxins and lose weight
One of the great lemon genius is due to its properties for stimulate the purifying processes of the body. At once promotes alkalinity which is related to better digestive health and is key in disease prevention. Drinking water with lemon rind throughout the day is a great ally for remove fluids, toxins, and retained waste, this is because lemon peel contains vitamin C, pectin and essential oils that helped to remove toxins that accumulate in the liver, colon and kidneys. Increases hydration and at the same time promotes urine productiona, is also associated with great anti-inflammatory benefits and antioxidants that promote weight loss.
- 3 lemons, its rind and juice will be used
- 1 liter of purified water
- Wash the lemons well and get the rind.
- In a medium saucepan, boil water, when it reaches the first boil place the lemon rinds and allow them to release their properties over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Strain and pour the liquid into a jug and add the lemon juice.
- Consume throughout the day as table water, preferably 1 full liter. You can also consume a warm cup on an empty stomach and before each of the main meals.
2. Tonic against colds and flu
The lemon is considered one of the most popular ingredients for fight flu and colds, its benefits are largely due to its high vitamin content C and antioxidants. At the same time it is associated with extraordinary antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and antibiotic properties, which help fight germs and they clean the respiratory passages.
- 1 lemon, the rind
- 250 ml of water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon of raw honey
- In a small pot, bring the water to a boil and add the chopped lemon peel. Boil for 3 minutes, when this list is finished adding the lemon juice and ginger.
- Cover and rest the liquid for 10 minutes.
- Strain, sweeten with honey and serve warm.
- Consume 2 times a day to forget about any sign of the flu.
3. Infusion to relieve indigestion
One of the great qualities that offers the lemon peel it is due to its properties anti-inflammatory and carminative, which are a great ally to improve the digestion process, reduce inflammation and eliminate excess gases. Thanks to your alkaline effect intervenes in a positive way decrease excess acidity, so it is a good natural supplement to heal cases of heartburn and reflux. On the other hand, it is ideal to relax the organs that make up the digestive system and improve the digestion of fats.
- 1 lemon, the rind
- 250 ml of purified water
- 1 sprig of fresh mint
- Wash the lemon and chop its bark into small pieces.
- Boil the water and when it reaches a boil add the lemon peel, a handful of fresh mint leaves. Put out the fire.
- Rest the infusion for 10 minutes.
- Strain it and consume very hot before any signs of indigestion. You can also consume it before heavy meals how preventive measure.
4. Cholesterol remedy
Lemon rind has the peculiarity of hosting a high antioxidant content, among which its contribution in flavonoids. Which are beneficial substances to reduce the high levels of bad “LDL” cholesterol in the arteries, drinking this water in conjunction with a balanced diet is ideal for remove these lipids from the bloodstream.
- 1 lemon, its rind
- 150 ml of purified water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Grate the zest of a lemon and add in a cup of boiling water.
- Cover and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- Strain and finish by adding the lemon juice, mix well.
- Consume during two consecutive weeks, warm and fasting.