“A summer on the Atlantic Coast” is the first article in a series that we will be offering you over the next few weeks. On the program for holidays on the Atlantic Coast: relaxation, visits, tastings & surfing!
Each spot has its specificity, in Hossegor it’s team surfing with a Californian atmosphere, on the Arcachon Basin we go on bike rides and we taste and in the Basque Country we visit beautiful villages to discover our beautiful France.
Here is a list – not exhaustive – of our favorites, enjoy!
Our nuggets for sleeping
In a relationship with
The specialties to taste
- Oysters and seafood in the Arcachon Bay and in the cabins of Cap Ferret
- Bayonne ham and Basque chicken, specialties of the Basque Country
- Espelette pepper is everywhere all the time in all kinds of sauces, we love it!
Our two favorite spots
- Hossegor: one of the most famous spots in the Landes. Here reigns a Californian atmosphere that we love a lot, between small concepts and surf beaches, you will love it!
- Cap Ferret: emblematic place of the region for a stay in all serenity. The proximity to the ocean, the mild climate with an impression of being at the end of the world … What else?
Our two favorite activities
- Surfing: take some lessons to learn how to tame the wave, because spending a holiday on the Atlantic coast without surfing is impossible!
- Visit the typical villages of the Basque Country such as La Bastide-Clairence, Espelette, Ainhoa, Saint-Jean-De-Port or even Sare!
Our favorite route
1. Arcachon Bay → Recommended: 3 nights / feasible: 2 nights
2. Hossegor → recommended / feasible: 2 nights
3. Biarritz → recommended: 3 nights / achievable: 2 nights
4. Saint-Jean-de-Luz → recommended: 2 nights / feasible: 1 night
5. Espelette → recommended / feasible: 2 nights