“Un été sur la Côte d’Azur” is the second article in our Un été en France series. On the program for holidays on the Côte d’Azur: village visits, fiesta, boat trips & surprises!
The Côte d’Azur is a sweet mix of magnificent landscapes, luxury, palaces, old hidden and / or perched villages, mountains, lavender fields and mimosas, it is the perfect balance for a successful stay!
Here is a non-exhaustive list of our favorites, have a good trip!
Our nuggets for sleeping
In a relationship with
The specialties to taste
- The tapenade is an emblematic recipe of Provence, to be savored without moderation;
- The Bouillabaisse that we no longer present is an institutional and traditional specialty of Marseille;
- La Daube Provençale is a bit like the beef bourguignon from the south!
Our two favorite spots
- The village of Eze: this picturesque village full of charm is a must! Perched at the top of a cliff you will find small alleys, a beautiful church, stone houses, an exotic garden and above all a magnificent panorama of the Mediterranean Sea.
- La Mala Beach: located in Cap-d’Ail, after only a few minutes of walking, come and discover this beach with a breathtaking view. Often described as the most beautiful beach on the Côte d’Azur thanks to its small beach huts, turquoise water and view of the cliffs.
Our two favorite activities
- Boat in the creeks and / or to the islands of Frioul: the boat, we love it, it is pleasant and relaxing, it allows us to visit and discover every nook and cranny around the cities of Marseille or Cassis for example. The little extra: being able to take a dip in turquoise water whenever you want!
- Caves of Châteauneuf-du-Pape: known throughout the world for its wines from 13 grape varieties, this small town in Vaucluse is made for you if you are a wine lover!
Our favorite route
1. Marseille → recommended: 3 nights / feasible: 2 nights
2. Cassis → recommended: 2 nights
3. Giens → recommended: 2 nights / feasible: 1 night
4. Saint-Tropez → recommended: 3 nights / achievable: 2 nights
5. Nice → recommended: 3 nights