For a few hours, a new update of iOS 16 has been available, at the version number 16.0.2. This new update comes a few days after the release of iOS 16.0.1, a version of iPhone software reserved for iPhone 14.
iOS 16.0.2 is therefore the first iOS 16 update available for all compatible iPhones.
What changes for iOS 16.0.2?
Here is the list of new features and fixes spotted for this iOS 16.0.2 update:
- Photography : fixed the shake effect bug on photos taken with some third-party apps on iPhone 14 Pro and Pro Max
- Screen : fixed black screen bug. Specifically, in iOS 16.0 or 16.0.1, during initialization of an iPhone, the screen could randomly go all black and render any displayed indication unreadable.
- Accessibility: fixed the bug that made the VoiceOver function dysfunctional
- Touch: fixed the bug preventing the touch from working on some iPhone X, XR and 11 after repair
- Copy paste : the copy/paste functionality has become quite impractical with iOS 16, since it asks the user for permission each time it pastes. iOS 16.0.2 improves the situation however (according to the update release notes), with permission notifications appearing less often.
How to install iOS 16.0.2?
Meet in Settings > General > Software Update and choose “Download and Install” under the iOS 16.0.2 sidebar.
We obviously advise you to update without delay in view of the many bugs fixed.
According to some feedback seen on Twitter, notifications for copy/paste still appear as often in iOS 16.0.2. Is this the case with you?
– Official App iPhon.fr