Popcorn is a popular snack. When they are prepared at home, they are an extraordinary low-calorie snack, rich in nutrients and fiber, which benefits weight loss.
Homemade popcorn is whole grain that benefits digestive and heart health.
Photo: Image by Moira Nazzari on Pixabay / Pixabay
Popcorn They are a very popular snack around the world, especially when it comes to going to the movies or enjoying a movie evening at home. Due to its popularity, one of the main questions about its consumption has been focused on its effects on body weightl, especially in the case of people who are prone to gaining weight easily.
While there is some myths about eating popcorn, there is no major controversy and nutrition specialists consider them a healthy food with good health benefits. The only rule is consume them in their natural version, avoid commercial variants or those Typical buttery-dipped movie options.
A little about its nutritional qualities:
Popcorn is made from a variety of corn grain that it’s called dovecote. When exposed to heat they explode due to overheating of water and starches they contain, the end result is a fluffy dough with a unmistakable aroma and crunchy texture.
They stand out for their high in vitamins among which stand out A, B2, B3, B5, B6, B7, B9, B12, C, D and K, especially its high content in Vitamin E. They are also rich in minerals, such as iron, calcium, potassium, zinc, magnesium and phosphorus. Without a doubt they are a food with a exceptional fiber content, that is why prepared in a healthy way they are a great snack option.
Are they a fattening food?
In recent years it has become popular eating popcorn as a snack in various slimming guidelines. However, it was a topic that made a lot of noise in some people and the reason is simple: commercial popcorn has an added energy value. This is because they have higher amounts of salt, sugar, caramel and butter.
They turn out completely different homemade popcorn that are distinguished by their preparation with hot air and a minimal touch of oil to prevent sticking. These are the popcorn recommended by nutritionists for lose weight, in fact there are interesting references such as the case of a study published in the journal Antioxidants in which the composition of the popcorn was analyzed, the result is overwhelming: a cup of popcorn made at home, it provides only 30 calories.
Benefits of its consumption:
Popcorn being a whole grain are associated with highly positive effects on issues nutritional and medicinal. Among the main ones are the following:
- They have an important satiating effect which is related to great benefits for estimulate weight loss. They calm the feeling of hunger, they are rich in fiber and very low in calories, the perfect collation.
- Being a whole grain product with a extraordinary fiber content, favor the intestinal tract and fight constipation.
- Regulate the presence of sugar in the blood, as do insulin levels. It is a recommended food in the diet of people with diabetes.
- They are a good ally of cardiovascular health, they are associated with great benefits to balance the high cholesterol levels and thus prevent heart diseases. This is due to its content in fiber and phenolic compounds.
- They stand out for their extraordinary antioxidant powere, which is related to effects for fight free radicals. This is a great ally for dislowering the risk of degenerative diseases and reduce the signs of aging.
In conclusion consumption of homemade popcorn and without additional ingredients, it represents an alternative healthy snack, low in calories and rich in fiber. As part of a balanced diet they are a great alternative to take care of weight and provide quality energy to the body.