Your business communicates on Google using Search campaigns, Display or Video and you want optimize broadcast times. Find out in this article how quickly change schedules from the interface and with Google Editor.
Change hours from the Google Ads interface
Change the broadcast times of a campaign from the Google interface is quite simple to do. Simply :
- Go to Google Ads,
- Select the desired campaign
- Go to the broadcast calendar menu
- You arrive on a display of timetables per day
Click on the blue circle with the pencil to make changes
- Choose times and days
- You can add different levels of schedules.
And now you have modified the schedules of your campaigns in a few clicks.
On the other hand, when you have a campaign for your franchise network, there is a good chance that your account has several dozen or even hundreds of campaigns. It then becomes long and tedious to modify campaign by campaign.
Find out how to mass modify schedules with Google Editor
Download Google Editor, on the Google site, first and then install it on your computer.
Add your account and load all the campaigns or those whose schedules you want to change.
Once loaded on the interface, follow these steps:
- Get to the top level of your account tree as in the picture
- Right click on the menu where your campaigns are displayed, a long menu is displayed, check the distribution calendar
- Then select your campaigns for which you want to modify the schedules
- Right click and copy them
- Open Google Sheet or Excel and paste the structure of your campaigns
- Delete all columns except the TO (Campaign) and the M (Ad Schedule)
- Make a selection from these two columns and apply a filter
- Then sort the columns from A to Z starting from the column M
- Delete the lines where there are [ ]
- The times and days are now clearly visible in this format:
(Monday[07:30-19:00]); (Tuesday[07:30-19:00]); (Wednesday[07:30-19:00]); (Thursday[07:30-19:00]); (Friday[07:30-19:00]); (Saturday[07:30-19:00]); (Sunday[07:30-19:00])
- We find the days: monday, tuesday …
- And the hours: 07: 30-19
- We have a campaign here that runs from Monday to Sunday from 7:30 am to 7 pm every day.
- Make the changes en masse, if for example it concerns all the campaigns, you can therefore apply the change to all the lines at once.
Example : Monday to Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and from 2:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
(Monday[07:30-12:00]); (Monday[14:00-21:00]); (Tuesday[07:30-12:00]); (Tuesday[14:00-21:00]); (Wednesday[07:30-12:00]); (Wednesday[14:00-21:00]); (Thursday[07:30-12:00]); (Thursday[14:00-21:00]); (Friday[07:30-12:00]); (Friday[14:00-21:00]); (Saturday[07:30-12:00]); (Saturday[14:00-21:00]); (Sunday[07:30-12:00]); (Sunday[14:00-21:00])
- Then reintegrate these two columns in Editor:
- Copy paste directly on the campaigns by going to:
- The information is displayed with the name of the campaigns and the distribution schedule for each campaign:
- All you have to do is integrate the changes:
And now you were able to bring bulk modifications of your broadcasting schedules with a few clicks thanks to Editor and Excel. This will allow you to distribute your campaigns according to defined schedules or you have the best KPIs (Conversion, conversion rate, CPA, clicks…).
If you wish to be accompanied by a Google Ads agency for the management of your campaigns, contact us by phone at 01 86 95 21 58.