Drinking cinnamon tea before going to bed can help you avoid weight gain and also burn some fat.
If you have tried it in your coffee and in your smoothies you know that it has a delicious flavor and aroma that enjoying it in the form of tea will be pleasant to taste and even a relaxing ritual.
How does cinnamon help you lose weight?
Burning fat. Cinnamon reduces some of the negative effects of eating high-fat foods. Studies indicate that the cinnamaldehyde containing, helps burn fat cells through the thermogenesis.
Decreased blood sugar. Cinnamon can increase insulin sensitivity and lower blood sugar, both of which are key to losing weight and controlling type 2 diabetes.
Anti-inflammatory properties. Cinnamon prevents inflammation of the belly and in general of your entire body.
It is antibacterial. Cinnamon has some powerful antibacterial and antifungal properties. What adds more benefits to have a healthy body that will process food better.
Cinnamon tea recipe
- 1 cup of water
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon or a cinnamon stick
To add a spicy touch, more antioxidant and anti-inflammatory power You can add:
1 to 2 thin slices of ginger with 1/4 teaspoon black pepper powder or 1 teaspoon lemon juice along with the pepper.
- Place the cinnamon stick in a cup.
- Add the boiling water and soak the covered cinnamon tea for 10 minutes.
If you use cinnamon powder, pour the boiling water over the cinnamon mixture and the other ingredients. Pass the drink through a sieve and drink it warm.
What more benefits does cinnamon tea give you?
- Contains many antioxidants. They fight oxidation caused by free radicals, which damage cells and contribute to diseases like diabetes, cancer, and heart disease.
- May help with menstrual symptoms. Relieves painful menstrual cramps and PMS symptoms. It can also help reduce menstrual bleeding, nausea, and vomiting during that period.
- It can lower blood pressure. The cinnamaldehyde it contains can lower blood pressure in the short term.
- It can help you feel better if you have digestive problems.
According to Medical News Today, other medical conditions can be improved (or positively affected) by using cinnamon.
Some of these include:
- HIV. In laboratory studies, scientists discovered that a cinnamon extract showed anti-HIV activity. This does not mean that foods containing cinnamon can treat or prevent HIV.
- Multiple sclerosis
- Chronic wounds
Ceylon and Cinnamon Cassia contain coumarin. When consumed in extremely high doses, this natural compound can cause some dangerous side effects as it is an anticoagulant. It can increase the risk of bleeding and cause or worsen liver disease. Ceylon cinnamon contains much less coumarin than Cassia cinnamon.
People taking diabetes medications or blood glucose and insulin levels should consult a doctor about consuming cinnamon tea.
To know more
Ceylon cinnamon is also known as true cinnamon, cinnamon from Sri Lanka. It has a lighter color and a delicate flavor.
Cinnamon was one of the first spices marketed in the ancient world. It was a popular spice in the ancient Arab world. The ancient Egyptians used cinnamon for embalming, and during the time of the Roman Empire, it was more than 15 times more expensive than silver.
Before modern technology for food preservation, cinnamon with pepper was used to preserve products.