If you are taking care of the line or follow a vegan diet, this vegan Mac & Cheese recipe will drive you crazy. They are healthy, comforting, creamy and very nutritious since they are made with 100% plant-based ingredients
Don’t stay hungry for pasta with this healthy and easy recipe, in less than 30 minutes it will be ready.
Photo: Social Butterfly / Pixabay
Today follow a plant-based diet (i.e. vegan) is considered one of the best measures for gain health, lose weight and live longer. It is a fact that food is the key to health and well-being, through the consumption of quality food we can prevent a long list of chronic and degenerative diseases.
That is why consumption high calorie foods which are mostly distinguished by their high content of saturated fats, sugars, refined flours, preservatives and additives, is directly related to chronic health problems as is the case of obesity, diabetes, hypertension and heart conditions. Based on this, every day more people follow a different lifestyle and diet, as is the case of the vegan trend. The truth is that some believe that the vegan food is boringHowever, this is a false belief and more considering that currently it is a food stream that does not stop expanding and based on it every day they come to light authentic recipes that never cease to amaze us.
Who doesn’t love a good plate of Mac & Cheese? It is probably one of the most popular dishes on cold days and as a somewhat guilty craving. Is a classic American cuisine which is quite common to serve in all kinds of meetings and barbecues; the traditional version stands out for the abundant use of ingredients such as butter, milk and various types of cheeses, which are characterized by being foods rich in fats that are involved in making it a very caloric and not very nutritious dish.
The good news is that today they have been created much healthier recipe alternativesYes, as is the case with this version of Vegan Mac & Cheese which has the genius of being made with 100% vegetable and healthy ingredients. The end result is exquisite and it is undoubtedly a wonderful option for day to dayof course for him vegan public It will become a classic in your recipe repertoire. Best of all, it is prepared with ingredients that are very easy to buy and it takes 20 minutes of your time to cook themIf you want to give an extra touch you can add vegan cheese and gratin.
Vegan Mac & Cheese Recipe:
- two cups of potatoes (360 grams), skinless and diced medium
- one cup of carrot (135 grams), skinless and diced medium
- 1/3 cup of extra virgin olive oil (85 ml)
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened vegetable milk
- 1/2 cup of nutritional yeast or beer (8 tablespoons or 35 g)
- one tablespoon lemon juice
- one teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 450-500 grams macaroni
Step by Step:
- In a medium saucepan add water and allow it to boil, when this happens add lPotatoes and diced carrots and allows them to cook for about 20 minutes or until smooth.
- In the meantime cook the pasta package regularly.
- To prepare the vegan cheese: In the mixer bowl add the olive oil, the vegetable milk, the yeast, the lemon juice, the salt, the garlic and the onion powder and mix well. Add the potatoes and carrots very tender and beat for 5 minutes on high speed, there should be one sauce with a creamy texture and without lumps.
- When the macaroni is ready, strain it and add to the saucepan with the vegan cheese sauce. Mix carefully without breaking the pasta and check the seasoning, you can add a touch of salt or pepper.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator, keeps well between 3-5 days. To reheat the macaroni, add a touch of vegetable milk if the sauce feels too thick.