Figs are succulent, sweet and very nutritious, providing energy, minerals and fiber. They are valued for their therapeutic potential that provides great health benefits, discover them
Figs are one of the more authentic and special fruits that nature gives us. They are the fruit of a tree called fig tree that belongs to ficus genus, and are given the scientific name of Ficus Carica, are originally from Caria in the current Turkey. Figs look like a designer fruit, they are perfect and are characterized by their soft skin, a unique honeyed pulp and a crunchy touch that provide their seeds.
They are one of the most representative fruits of the Mediterranean area and from there its popularity spread to more distant regions such as India, Middle East and later to America. It is fascinating to know that they exist near 800 species of fig trees in the world, of which 300 are suitable for human consumption.
Brief summary about its nutritional properties:
Figs and their leaves are full of nutrients, that is why they offer immense properties to promote health. They are characterized by being a fruit that provides extraordinary energy levels quality, vitamins, minerals and lots of fiber.
Although many have the false belief to consider them a fruit with a high caloric intake, largely because of its obvious sweetness, when consumed fresh 100 grams contribute close to 74 calories which are practically the same as those contained in an apple.
They are rich in natural sugars as the glucose, fructose and sucrose, its percentage of fat and protein is minimal. They are also popular for their unmatched mineral wealth among which his contribution in calcium, magnesium, potassium, phosphorus, iron, and manganese. Regarding your contribution in vitamins stand out those of group B (B1, B5 and B6) and the vitamin K.
Another of his genius is his superb fiber content (3 grams per 100 grams) and best of all, they are of the type soluble and insoluble. It is also important to mention that in addition to their content of essential nutrients, they contain other substances of great relevance for health among which the healthful flavonoids that are found in greater proportion in figs dark in color.
Unmatched Medicinal Benefits:
- Regulate high levels of cholesterol and glucose in the blood, this is largely due to its great content in a a type of fiber called pectin. That is why they are a great ally for people who suffer diabetes.
- They contribute to the regulation of intestinal transit, is an aspect that benefits digestion, regulates bowel movements and improves the health of the immune systemor. At the same time it is ideal to combat most common stomach conditions.
- The perfect ally to lose weight, thanks to its fiber content they are satisfying and very nutritious. They are popular for acting as a mild laxative and significantly reduce appetite.
- Healthy and strong bonesDue to their mineral wealth, they are a great complement in the diet of people who suffer from bone conditions such as osteoporosis. In particular its content in calcium and magnesium returns them intervenes in the strength of the musculoskeletal and nervous system.
- Protect and improve the cardiovascular system, this is due to its content in omega 3 and 6 fatty acids, and also its contribution in potassium. That is why they are a great ally to combat hypertension and various heart disease or coronary problems.
- They improve the mood, this is because they are a powerful source of energy and thanks to its composition and natural sugar content positively stimulate the mood and combat high levels of stress, depression, nervousness, anxiety, and irritability