Avoiding a high consumption of sugar is the key to improving health, living better and preventing degenerative diseases
Learn about the best tips created by specialists to follow a sugar-free diet.
Photo: Image by Karolina Grabowska on Pixabay / Pixabay
We have long been has alerted as a society on the consequences of excessive sugar consumption, the reality is that it is one of the Feeding Habits that most concerns medical specialists and health organizations worldwide. He Lifestyle current influence directly on this dangerous custom and is related to the high stress levels, sedentary life and above all a high consumption of processed foods and fast foods.
The truth is eat a lot of sugar is directly related to serious health problems among which stand out: deterioration in dental cavities, increased appetite, weight gain, alterations in insulin production, increased risk of conditions such as diabetes, obesity, fatty liver, kidney failure and hypertension.
Based on this one of the nutrition and health trends most popular today, it is the sugar-free diet. Following this eating style is associated with great therapeutic benefits, it is a lifestyle that opens the door to live longer and better.
Taking into account that sugar is directly related to an increased risk of suffer from chronic and degenerative diseases, the main health measure is to avoid its consumption. While there are obvious products such as Sugary drinks, pastries, alcohol, fast foods, and candy, there are other processed foods of daily use that they are rich in sugars and that you also have to avoid its consumption: processed sauces, dressings, canned soups, juices, teas and commercial coffees.
The good news is that following a sugar-free diet is not an impossible task, actually following a balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle in a few days the body gets used to it not only gets used to stop asking for sugar (since it plays a highly addictive role in the brain), absolutely the entire body and its main organs they appreciate this break.
Between the main benefits of giving up sugar they find each other: improvements in mood, younger appearance, strong heart and cardiovascular health, reduction of abdominal fat, pweight loss, higher quality of sleep, stronger immune system, better dental health and lower risk of disease. We present you a list of the best tips created by nutrition experts to ease the path to a life without sugar.
Tips for following a sugar-free diet:
- Eat high-fiber foods, that stand out for their high satiating value is the key to control sugar consumption. The best recommendations are fruits, vegetables, whole grains and legumes.
- Completely eliminate the consumption of processed and ultra-processed foods.
- Don’t wait to be hungry, it is better to have small meals between 4 and 5 times a day.
- Whenever you leave home, take precautions and contemplate having healthy snacks on hand, such as fruit, low-fat yogurt, vegetables, nuts, and salads.
- Sweet cravings are not forbidden, you only need to watch what you eat. The best recommendations are pure dark chocolate, fruits and nuts.
- When you feel the craving for something sweet taking over, drink a water or some medicinal infusion like peppermint, chamomile, or ginger.
- For provide greater satiety and prevent possible cravings, choose to integrate a extra serving of protein at main meals. You can choose proteins of animal or vegetable origin, the best options are eggs, legumes, chicken, fish, avocado, oats, milk, yogurt, low-fat cheeses, quinoa and soy.
- Distract your mind with outdoor activities, reading, exercise and walks.
- Do not obsess, it’s perfectly normal to indulge yourself occasionally. Just try to avoid sugar in your day to day.
- Use spices and seasonings that enhance flavors without the need to use sugar. Some good ideas are cinnamon, anise, ginger and turmeric.