Dark chocolate is a nutritional treasure, considered one of the most trending superfoods. Consuming dark chocolate is a great habit with unmatched health benefits.
We are used to relating chocolate consumption with the cold season, largely because it is a great ally for warm-up, provide energy, and comfort the body. That is why the hot chocolate is one of the favorite winter drinks.
The truth is that the consumption of chocolate, contrary to what you might think, is an extraordinary habit with great nutritional and therapeutic benefits. To fill us with the benefits of chocolate the only rule is to consume good quality chocolate, which is to say those variants of dark chocolate that are characterized by their content between 70 and 90% pure cocoa. These chocolate variants stand out for their low content in milk, saturated fat, and sugars.
Always eat good chocolate It will provide important nutrients, among which its special content stands out. Antioxidants and vitamins are normal for the body to ask for it more naturally during winter. However consume it in summer is a wonderful habit, which is related to very good qualities.
Health Benefits Of Dark Chocolate
- Chocolate consumption in this season of the year is a great ally for the skin. Its content in antioxidants as is the case with polyphenols, flavonoids, and catechins, protect the skin from the sun’s rays, delay cellular aging and keep skin hydrated.
- Its magnesium content strengthens the muscles, which is why good food supplement for those people who they do physical activity in summer, especially those who do it in outdoor spaces. It also intervenes positively in bone health and strength.
- Chocolate consumption contributes to healthy fats and carbohydrates that relate to benefits for providing energy and vitality to the body.
- One of the great benefits of chocolate lies in its great antioxidant power, specifically its contribution to flavonoids that stand out for their positive effect to regulate high blood pressure. It is therefore considered a great ally to protect and prevent related diseases with cardiovascular function.
- The chocolate Improves mood this is due to its ability to increase serotonin production and consume it in summer in conjunction with vitamin D provided by the sun, is a powerful combination for feeling happy. It fights states of depression, anxiety, nervousness, and irritability.
- It stands out for its theobromine content It contains an alkaloid similar to caffeine and stimulates the Central Nervous System, this benefits the mental performance and memory.
- It’s a great snack, provides plenty of energy and satiety. When consumed in moderate quantities, it is also related to benefits in weight loss, as long as it is a bar of quality chocolate.
- Integrate the chocolate as a complement in the summer menus is very easy, it is ideal for integrating into breakfast as part of a healthy bowl of oatmeal with red berries or a basic in smoothies, perfect for mousses and light desserts and a great complement to summer fruit skewers.