Enjoy a delicious and healthy sweet taste, rich in fiber and the healthiest with this recipe for oatmeal and carrot muffins. They are the perfect fiber-rich craving to take care of the line
The oats are considered the queen of cereals in principle for its qualities from a nutritional point of view, among which it stands out as one of the best sources of vegetable protein slow-absorbing carbohydrates, vitamins, minerals, and lots of fiber.
All these characteristics give it a wonderful therapeutic potential that places it on the list of Nature’s most valued superfoods. And that is why its consumption is related to benefits for losing weight, control blood sugar and cholesterol levels, improves digestion and intestinal health, is a great ally of the immune system, provides energy, and prevents disease.
Among the wonders of oats are valued its immense uses in the kitchen and it is that it is a so versatile, generous, satisfying ingredient and accessible that has the virtue of enriching all kinds of dishes. Oatmeal is a very complete cereal that is related to great uses in the world of baking and pastry, this is because the bran and the oatmeal are usually a good complement that provides an unrivaled nourishing touch.
The carrot is the perfect complement in this recipe not only for adding an extra dose of nutrients, among which its content in vitamin A, Vitamin B3 (niacin), Vitamin E, and K and folates stands out. It is also a great source of minerals such as potassium, phosphorus, magnesium, iodine, calcium, and carotenoids. Its consumption is related to benefits for eye, skin, digestive, and heart health, they are a good ally to sharpen the mind, stimulate the appetite, and help to have a healthy weight. The truth is that the use of carrot in the bakery is a great success and mixes it with more oats.
If you are one of those who can’t live without a sweet treat these carrot and oatmeal muffins are an extraordinary alternative to a healthier sweet craving. Best of all, you can consume them at all hours as part of breakfast, like a healthy snack, or like a delicious dessert, you can even accompany them with vanilla ice cream.
Oatmeal Carrot Muffins Recipe:
- 230 grams of oatmeal (you can make it at home by grinding the flakes very finely)
- 70 grams of coconut sugar
- 125 ml oat milk
- 65 grams of wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon powder
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 180 grams of carrot finely grated
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 lemon
Step by Step:
- Add all the ingredients to the mixer bowl (except the lemon juice and yeast). Mix well until there is a homogeneous mass.
- In a small container, dissolve the yeast and lemon juice, until there is a smooth and smooth fluid.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Grease and flour the muffin cups or muffins, pour the dough into each compartment taking care not to fill them completely.
- Bake at 180ºC for 30 minutes. They will be ready when they take on a golden hue, remove from the oven, wait a few minutes to unmold (avoid making them fresh from the oven, they can break), and allow them to cool on a rack.
- If you wish, you can decorate them with cream cheese bitumen and walnuts.
- Enjoy breakfast, healthy snacks, and delicious dessert.