The Apple Pie is one of the most popular desserts, homey, and comforting they exist.
Apple Pie is a dish that is distinguished by the great versatility in its variants and ways of preparation, normally the apple can go chopped or compote and it is covered with a homemade dough that makes it very special.
People say that apple pies appeared spontaneously in European countries who used to prepare stuffed cakes and additionally coincided with being areas of high apple production.
At the same time, there are written references on the first apple pie recipe, which appears in an English cookbook called The Form of Cury, published in 1390 by the cooks of Richard II of England and in which they cite a recipe for apple pie called tartys in applis.
The truth is that a slice steaming apple pie It will always be well received and one of the main reasons why it is such a succulent dish is due to the ingredients it contains, they have the genius of being extremely simple and accessible. However, by joining together they create a heavenly combination.
The union of flavors and aromas which provide apples, sugar, lemon, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt, is unmatched. And without a doubt, much of how delicious it is is due to the perfect balance that is created between sour and sweet flavors of its ingredients. Best of all, it is truly easy to prepare, a great alternative to give yourself a warm sweet taste without complicating your existence.
Homemade Apple Pie Recipe:
- 1 box of refrigerated pie crust (opt for brands that come with two lids)
- 6 pieces of Granny Smith apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- ¾ cup of sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- ¾ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon of nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Optional to serve: vanilla ice cream, it works great
Step By Step Preparation:
- Preheat the oven to 200-215 ºC.
- Grease and flour the cake tin, roll out a layer of tart dough, and press, with a fork prick a little.
- In a large bowl add all the ingredients and mix well.
- Fill the mold.
- Top with the top layer of the pie crust. If you wish, glaze with butter and sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
- Join the base of the dough with the top lid and end by pinching the edges.
- Make a couple of cuts in the top of the cake, this step is important to allow the steam to vent.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until apples are tender and crust is golden. Important tip: About halfway through the baking time, cover the edge of the pan with strips of aluminum foil to prevent scorching.
- Cool the cake on a wire rack, wait at least 1 hour to cut it.
- Accompanied with vanilla ice cream is a delicacy.