Fluffy egg whites shaped like cloud and the liquid yolka in the middle representing the SunThis is what “cloud eggs” are like.
The beautiful appearance of these eggs has given them their place in Instagram, where it is common to see them on toast, with avocado, spinach and bacon.
They are a fairly simple preparation, you can do the same in the oven than in a pan.
The advantage of making them in the oven (the most practiced way) is that you can do several at once and they will be ready in less than 10 minutes in total.
The key to cloud eggs is to beat the whites until they are fluffy.
Cloud Egg Recipe
- 8 eggs
- 1 C. freshly grated cheese
- Ham or minced bacon (optional)
- Ground black pepper
- First, separate the yolk from the white.
- Beat the yolks as if you were making meringues and gently add an ingredient that you like, such as cheese, ham or bacon.
- Place the beaten white cloud-shaped on a baking sheet, leaving sauces in the middle where the yolks will go later.
- Place 8 stacks of egg whites on the prepared baking sheet and leave a slit in the center to form nests. Bake in a preheated oven at 450 ° F for approximately 3 minutes. They have to look slightly golden.
- Place the egg yolk in the middle of the cloud, add salt and pepper and leave in the oven for another 3 minutes before serving.
If you decide to prepare them in a pan, grease a little previously and try to cook them with a lid.