> Download: The complete guide to e-commerce” align=”middle”/>
How does Amazon Business work?
Creating an account on Amazon Business is free. In order to benefit from the advantages of Amazon Business, a delay must be taken into account for the verification carried out by the platform.
Once the account is validated, any member of Amazon Business has the possibility of purchasing products in the Amazon marketplace at the same price as other users. The advantages of having a professional account lie rather in the sale part of the offer. Indeed, Amazon Business sellers benefit from the visibility of the Amazon platform, which is highly developed around the world.
Better yet, Amazon has designed a set of features to support its sellers in building their own e-commerce strategy. All these services are brought together in the platform’s back office, also called the “seller area”. Among them, an Amazon seller has access to:
- Its invoices, automatically generated in tax-free (HT) and all taxes included (TTC).
- The display of tax-free prices for products in the Amazon catalog.
- Advice and support to define your own pricing strategy on Amazon.
- A space to receive quotes for large orders from B2B prospects.
- Detailed reports to optimize and boost sales on the platform.
How to open a pro account on Amazon?
- Go to “Sell on Amazon Business” in the lower banner of Amazon.fr.
- Click “Get Started” on the Amazon Business home page.
- Create a new Amazon account with a business address.
- Fill in personal and professional information.
Go to “Sell on Amazon Business” in the lower banner of Amazon.fr
The Amazon.fr site is primarily intended for potential buyers. To access the space dedicated to sellers, you must therefore go to the bottom of the lower banner, then click on “Sell on Amazon Business”.
A detailed presentation page of the Amazon Business offer is then displayed. This section is built in such a way as to guide the future seller in his registration process.
Click on “Get started” on the Amazon Business home page
By clicking on “Start” at the top of the page, the seller accesses the presentation and connection content Amazon Seller Central. From this page, it is no longer possible to log into your particular Amazon account. You must have a professional e-mail address, that is to say linked to the domain name of the company that wishes to sell on Amazon.
Create a new Amazon account with a business address
If the seller does not yet have a professional account on Amazon, now is the time to create one in a few minutes by clicking on “Register on Amazon”. This indication can be confusing if he already has an account as a buyer on Amazon, but the button leads to the creation of a professional account, as long as “Amazon Seller Central” is indicated at the top of the login or account creation area.
Provide personal and professional information
Once the account has been created with a professional e-mail address, the new Amazon seller is invited to provide a certain amount of information about his company and his online sales project.
By following the questions asked by the platform step by step, he must indicate the chosen business plan.
There are two types of business plans at Amazon:
- The individual plan: suitable for companies that sell less than 40 items per month, it does not provide access to advanced sales reports.
- The professional plan: allowing to sell more than 40 items per month, it makes APIs and detailed sales reports available to sellers.
The seller must also provide:
- The company’s bank details.
- Its commercial contact details (SIRET number, VAT number, head office address, etc.).
- The contact information of the seller account administrator.
- The phone number associated with the account.
Finally, you must click on “Save and continue”. The configuration of the Amazon seller account is now complete.
To go further, download this free guide and discover how to create, promote and grow your e-commerce business.