The third beta of iOS 15.2 has been available since last night. Ditto for iPadOS 15.2, tvOS 15.2 and watchOS 8.3. In addition to the bug fixes, here are the notable additions that we noted:
- Apple Arcade: during a Spotlight search for a game, it is indicated “Arcade” if the game is only available through the service of the same name
- ICloud Private Relay: name change, the function becomes Bloodhound monitoring the IP address
- Macro control: new setting letting the camera automatically switch to the ultra-wide-angle lens for videos and macro photos
- Reminders: possibilities to edit and delete tags by Lots in the Reminders application
Find below the new features of the previous beta versions of iOS 15.2, beta 1 and beta 2.
- Child Protection iMessage: Apple is deploying in iOS 15.2 a novelty announced this summer concerning the protection of children against pornographic images. It protects a receiving user from this potentially offensive content. This function is intended for children. It is available for family accounts, is not enabled by default and only affects files received in Messages. See details about it here
- Camera : new icon indicating that Macro mode is activated when taking a picture and new button to activate Macro mode directly from the Camera app
- Digital inheritance: functionality described here and allowing access to your iCloud account to a trusted third party. This is particularly useful in the event of death.
- Locate: two new functions have appeared. The first is used to find objects compatible with the Locate network and declared lost, the second is used to detect a surrounding object that is currently following the user
- Hide my email address: the function is now accessible directly from the Mail app
- TV app: new design for the iPadOS 15 app and appearance of a Store tab
- Improved app privacy report
- Emergency call : the user can now press the power button located on the edge of the iPhone several times in a row and quickly to notify the emergency services. Also works with a long press on this button and the volume button at the same time. Convenient in the event of an assault, with eight seconds elapsing before communication starts versus three before. Perhaps as a result of false positives reported by the emergency department
- Summary of notifications : new design
Note that tvOS, iPadOS and watchOS are also available in version 15.2b3, 15.2b3 and 8.3b3 respectively.
How do I install a public beta?
In this previous article announcing the release of the first public beta of iOS 14, we let’s detail the procedure to install a public beta of iOS. So don’t hesitate to refer to it if you want to become a tester.
If you spot any other changes, bugs or features, please let us know in the comments!
Don’t miss all of our articles on iOS 15.