Tonight, Apple released the third beta version of its new iPhone program, iOS 15.4. A new beta for iPadOS 15.4 is also available, as well as a new beta for watchOS 8.5. Same for tvOS 15.4.
For the moment, except the classic correction of bugs and malfunctions, there is nothing really new to get your teeth into. But soon, the first information from the testers of the first hour could appear on the internet. We may know more by then.
In any case, iOS 15.4 should bring a lot of new features, as seen below, in our list of changes already detected in previous test iterations of the OS:
- Tap to Pay: new tools available for developers to take advantage of a notable new feature. It’s about being able to transform the iPhone into a contactless payment terminal. Your iPhone will soon be able to be used to make you pay by credit card for example. A useful feature for professionals, self-employed in particular, but also small businesses and self-employed beginners
- Driver’s license and identity card in Maps: some lines of the iOS 15.4 beta 2 source code mention the possibility of integrating the driver’s license and the ID card in the Maps application (in the United States in the first place). This is a novelty presented during the introduction of iOS 15 in 2021, announced for 2022, but still not available on iPhone
- Fixed an important privacy bug: Apple has permanently fixed a security flaw that allowed the company’s servers to receive audio recordings from Siri and Dictation, even if the user did not allow the information to be shared
- Apple TV and Wi-Fi: Wi-Fi hotspot connections made easier with iPhone. The latter can manage the access configuration maneuver before handing over to Apple TV once the internet connection has been established
- Ratings : customization of swipe gestures to the left or to the right to for example create a quick note or take a screenshot
- iPhone 13 Pro : access to 120 Hz is now more open to third-party developers
- Resale : Apple seems to prepare a tool to scan iPhones for trade-inas noticed in the code of this beta
- Face ID : can now be unlocked even while wearing a mask or glasses, with two options that are offered to the user (classic Face ID unlock or unlock with mask)
- Universal command : the Universal Control tool is finally operational
- AppleTV : choice of what appears in the section To be continued
- iCloud Keychain : adding notes attached to your passwords
- Keyboard : possibility to add a shortcut to change the brightness of your keyboard for iPad (Magic Keyboard) within the Control Center
- emojis : 37 additional emoticons, also available on watchOS 8.5 and the other new OS iPad and Apple TV
- SharePlay : now accessible directly from Apple Music
- AppleCard : new widget displaying balance and expenses
- Cards : integration of vaccination certificates for COVID-19
- Shortcuts : activate or deactivate the notification that appears when a custom automation is triggered
- Email : adding custom domains from the iPhone (accessible to subscribers of the paid iCloud+ service)
If you noticed any notable changes moving from iOS 15.4 beta 2 to 15.4 beta 3, please let us know!