Following the release of the iPhone 13, we compared the prices of the new line of Apple smartphones with the prices of the old line on the release date. We realized that Apple had doubled the storage capacity for some iPhones without changing the price. In the end, the iPhone 13 does not cost more than the iPhone 12 at the time of release. But what about the new watch?
Apple Watch Series 7 vs Series 6: a price increase?
Now that the new watch is available, let’s see if Apple has changed its prices from generation to generation. Here are some prices that we have noted. Note that this is not an exhaustive list of the different case + bracelet combinations available, but only a selection used for this small study:
Apple Watch Series 7
- € 429 in aluminum case and sport buckle (41 mm). Ditto for the Nike watch
- € 459 in aluminum case and sport buckle (45 mm). Ditto for the Nike watch
- € 729 in stainless steel case and sport buckle (41 mm)
- € 779 in stainless steel case and sport buckle (45 mm)
- € 829 in titanium case and sport buckle (41 mm)
- € 879 in titanium case and sport buckle (45 mm)
- € 1,299 stainless steel case and Hermès single tour jumping bracelet (41 mm)
- € 1,349 stainless steel case and Hermès single tour jumping bracelet (45 mm)
For the GPS + Cellular version of each of these watches, count 100 € more.
Apple Watch Series 6
We do not have no difference detected for the price of the Apple Watch Series 6 at its release compared to the new watch, except for a very small downward change. Indeed, the first price of an Apple Watch Series 7 Hermès is at € 1,299, when the first price of an Apple Watch Series 6 with a case from the French luxury brand reached € 1,349 at the end of last year, or 50 € more. There are no small savings !
Apple Watch Series SE and Series 3
We were also interested in other Apple Watch still in range, Series 3 and SE. Unfortunately, no good news to announce on that side. Following the release of Series 7, prices for Series 3 and SE have not changed either. The SE always starts at 299 € and the Series 3 at 219 €.
Remember that the Apple Watch Series 7 is still available for pre-order since last Friday. The first buyers will be delivered this Friday, while it will also be possible, from that date, to find the watch in the Apple Store.