Banana has made a bad name for itself when it comes to losing weight. Discover everything about this false myth and also details about great nutritional and therapeutic value
The time has come debunk all myths about banana consumption. Surely on more than one occasion you have heard the typical phrase that says “The banana is not fattening, you are fattening”. These kinds of phrases have been with us for many years and arose from the belief about effects of fruit consumption on body weight. The truth is even when eating in large quantities it is very difficult for the fruit to fatten, since regardless of the variant much of its composition is water.
Several years the banana has been unfairly judged and it has been believed that it is a fruit that calorie what causes a weight gain. It is true, the banana belongs to the list of fruits that more contribute calories and it is also one of the nutrient-rich variants, which are related to extraordinary health benefits.
This one too false belief in large part arose from his sweet and attractive flavor which is largely due to its creamy pulp with an unmistakable texture. The truth is that the pulp of the ripe banana contains simple sugars How is it glucose, dextrose and sucrose, which have the peculiarity of transform into immediate energy. That is why the consumption of plantain is even highly recommended as a good nutritional ally in all stages of lifeIt is the perfect food for babies, children, adolescents, adults, pregnant women and the elderly.
Banana is not fattening:
It is important to understand that weight gain is related to various factors such as bad eating habits, a sedentary life, high levels of stress and other health conditions. The truth is that eating banana under no circumstances is an eating habit that is related to the weight gain, quite the opposite. Banana is a fruit and like all it offers multiple health benefits and there is no reason to eliminate it from the diet, rather there are many reasons to integrate it as part of the food. Know some health and weight benefits of eating bananas:
- A complete banana does not exceed 100 calories. Half a piece provides 48 calories and great nutritional value.
- Its protein content is discreet (1.1 grams / 100 grams) and the presence of fats is practically nil (0.2 g / 100 grams). Best of all, it’s cholesterol free.
- It is a fruit with a extraordinary mineral wealth stands out in a special way for its content in magnesium and potassium.
- It is an extraordinary ally to consume after doing exercise routines, this is due to its benefits for regain strength and increase endurance since it provides an extraordinary combination of carbohydrates and potassium.
- Bananas provide a extraordinary fiber content and that is why they are a good ally for improve digestion. At the same time they are related to qualities for speed up intestinal transit for its content in starch and carbohydrates not assimilable, its consumption is good for combat constipation.
- The composition of the banana stands out for its benefits for stimulate metabolism and weight loss is enhanced.
- Eating bananas is a great ally for combat cravings and anxiety to eat, this is due to their great satiating power.
- The banana stands out for its high content of vitamins B6 which is important to enjoy a strong immune system. And this is an aspect that is related to prevention of chronic diseases as is the case of the obesity.
- Another genius of bananas to promote weight loss is due to their very low sodium content and together with its high potassium content, is the perfect combination for eliminate fluid retention.
- Probably one of the best aspects of banana consumption is due to its immense versatility. It is a very easy to acquire fruit, it is available in all seasons of the year, it is inexpensive and it serves to enrich all kinds of recipes.
View this post on Instagram
🍌BANANA DOESN’T GET FAT – – 🍌Bananas have long been one of the fruits with the worst fame, attributing to it the power to get fat or make it difficult to lose fat. Nothing is further from reality. Banana is a fruit, and like all fruits, it has multiple health benefits, and there is no real reason to avoid bananas in our diet. – – unqueAlthough it is true that the banana is a more caloric fruit than, for example, an apple, in reality a medium-sized banana weighs considerably less than an apple or a pear, so in the end when taking a piece of these fruits we will be consuming similar calories. – 🍌On the other hand, according to some studies, bananas are one of the most satisfying fruits, along with apples and oranges. – 🍌Banana is rich in fiber, and in its immature state, provides a large amount of a special type of fiber, resistant starch, with various additional benefits. – 🍌It is also rich in micronutrients such as potassium and magnesium, interesting for athletes. It provides vitamin B6, important to maintain a strong immune system. The bioactive compounds in this fruit are various (polyphenols, carotenoids, flavonoids …) and have antioxidant power and other important benefits for general health – demásAlso, some studies seem to indicate that the consumption of bananas could be related to the release of serotonin, a neurotransmitter that improves mood and satiety. – – 💪🏼There is no reason to eliminate bananas from your diet, besides it has other advantages such as its easy transport, its sweet flavor that can help you make healthier recipes, and its versatility in the kitchen. If you use it in conjunction with a protein source, it will be a great option in a fat loss plan as well. – – Leave a 💛 if you are a banana lover and mention that person who still thinks that you are fattening 👇🏼 – – #realfooding #realfooder #academiarealfooding # slim down #banana