Apple and cinnamon make a heavenly combination, which is enhanced to another level when it comes to this moist and cozy bread
Exquisite recipe for healthy apple bread, it is satiating and very rich in fiber.
Photo: Photo by Marta Dzedyshko from Pexels / Pexels
This bread is a fall season classic, largely due to its warm ingredients: apple, cinnamon and walnut that announce the arrival of windy days and cold weather. Although thanks to the availability of its ingredients, It is a recipe that is enjoyed all year round.
For the days of sweet cravings this bread is wonderful, probably the best of its qualities is its wet texture, also the perfect touch of cinnamon aromas and the crunchiness of the walnuts. The mixture of these factors make the bread is fluffy and very satisfying, at the same time has the genius of not be cloying.
The truth is that this apple and cinnamon bread recipe it’s really special and once it is tested, it is very likely to become a tradition at home. The first thing you will notice is that it’s full of apple and cinnamon pieces, so it falls apart.
Another genius is that it is really a bread that honors each of the ingredients it contains, the flavors it promises are impeccable and you really feel like you are eating a juicy and scented apple.
Best of all is that it is an extremely healthy option it does not put at risk the texture and warmth of the apple. Is a extraordinary alternativto for have breakfast accompanied by a cup of tea or coffee, a great mid-morning snack, the perfect afternoon craving, a healthy snack and a good ally for lunch for children and adults.
Apple Cinnamon Nut Bread Recipe:
- 1/2 Cup of walnuts in halves (natural without toasting and without salt)
- 2 cups sour apples, cored, peeled and diced medium
- 1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons canola oil or light olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of milk, whatever you like
- 1/2 cup brown or granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
For topping (optional)
- 1 tablespoon of muscovado sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Step by Step:
- Preheat the oven to 175-180 ºC and lightly coat an 8 × 4-inch loaf pan with baking spray.
- On a baking sheet spread the nuts in a single layer. Bake until toasted and fragrant, approximately 8 to 12 minutes. * Mix once to brown evenly, do not stop watching them burn easily.
- When they’re cold chop them into small irregular pieces. Reservation.
- In the meantime In a large bowl combine the powdered ingredients: white whole wheat flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. In a separate container, mix the liquid ingredients: applesauce, canola oil, milk, sugar, egg, and vanilla until smooth smooth and smooth mixture.
- In the center of the clean work table Make a well with the dry ingredients, in the central part pour the mixture of wet ingredients. Mix by hand only until well integrated. The dough will be thick and stiff.
- Add apples and walnuts, integrates well with the help of a spatula.
- Pour the dough into the previously prepared bread pan. With the help of a rubber spatula, press and smooth the upper part so that it is almost flat.
- For coverage Stir in the cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl. Sprinkle evenly on top of the dough.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 25 minutes, then bake for an additional 20 minutes, insert a toothpick until it comes out clean without any wet dough sticking. * If you use a kitchen thermometer, when the bread reaches 90-95 ºC will be ready.
- Place on a rack and Chill 10 minutes in pan.
- Enjoy warm, at room temperature and / or spread with butter, peanut butter or almond butter.
- Conservation Notes: Store leftover apple bread in an airtight container at room temperature for four days or freeze for up to two months (allow to thaw overnight in the refrigerator).