Delicious vegetable soup rich in vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and fiber. It will become your favorite!
Photo: Image by catceeq on Pixabay / Pixabay
When it comes to losing weight healthily soups are the best ally, they are delicious, generous and comforting, it is no coincidence that they are part of all kinds of dietary guidelines. It even has scientific referencess that support it, such is the case of a study published in Physiology & Behavior. In this publication it is verified that those people who make up the consumption of vegetable soups in your diet consume fewer calories.
The truth is the benefits of eating soups are many and that is why they are a basic tool in the menus with calorie restrictions. They are a meal highly hydrating, satiatinghey they stand out for their extraordinary nutritional value. Eating soup is a good alternative for increase the consumption of vegetables and give salads a break, especially in the rainy days and cold weather. Even in a research work released by the Appetite newspaper it was found that those people who they started lunch eating vegetable soup ended up decreasing the amount of food by 20%, undoubtedly a great habit for control portions and decrease anxiety about eating.
It is important that we opt for the recipes endorsed by specialists in medicine and nutrition. Without a doubt one of the best references we have on hand is the famous recipe for Joyce hendley, co-author of the cookbook: The EatingWell Diet winner of James Beard award, is a wonderful nutritional guide in which developed the best recipe for vegetable soup for weight loss. It is a vegetable minestrone soup, wonderfully satisfying and specifically designed for weight loss.
Among the genius of the soup is the simplicity of its ingredients, since it is made with very easily accessible vegetables such as carrots, onions, cabbage, tomato, spinach and natural seasonings, cooked over a very low heat.
Eat this soup as part of a healthy and balanced lunch, and consider it as a extraordinary light dinner option, relates to great benefits for losing weight in a healthy way. In fact, wonderful results are reported in people who included it as part of their daily diet for 2 months: weight loss ranged from 5 to 7 kg, best of all, it is a habit that is not related to deprivation or limitations.
The creator of this soup named her Veggistrone and not only is it delicious, it’s very low in calories a large serving (the equivalent of two cups) provides only 161 calories and contains at least dservings of vegetables in each bowl. One genius is that you can prepare a large saucepan and keep in an airtight container in refrigeration to consume it you will only have to heat it; it is also perfect to have available in the freezer. Another recommendation of the author is to see this wonderful recipe as a starting point and enrich it with the ingredients that we have on hand at home like chicken, rice, or whole wheat pasta, in minutes you will have a complete and very healthy diet food on hand.
The therapeutic properties of this soup are many, to start your high fiber content is related to great benefits to improve the digestive process and intestinal health, facilitates evacuations, it is purifying, ideal for people with glucose problems, its high nutrient content strengthens the immune system and prevents diseases. At the same time it is powerful to stimulate the metabolism, enhance fat burning and fight cravings.
Veggistrone Soup Recipe:
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups of white onion finely chopped (the equivalent of two pieces)
- 2 cups chopped celery (the equivalent of 4 medium stalks)
- 1 cup green bell pepper, chopped (the equivalent of 1 medium bell pepper)
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 cups cabbage, julienned
- 3 cups cauliflower, chopped (about 1/2 medium piece)
- 2 cups of carrots, chopped (the equivalent of 4 medium pieces)
- 2 cups green beans, cut into small pieces
- 8 cups vegetable broth or low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups of water
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (14 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (15 ounces) red or pinto beans, rinsed
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- ½ cup fresh basil julienned
- 10 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Step by Step:
- Heat the olive oil in a large soup pot over medium heat over medium heat. When it’s hot add the onions, celery, bell pepper and garlic. Cook, stirring frequently, until vegetables are tender, it will take 13 to 15 minutes.
- Add the cabbage, cauliflower, carrots, and green beans. Cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly softened, Allow 10 more minutes.
- Add the broth, water, tomato sauce, tomatoes, beans, and bay leaf. Cover and bring to a boil over very low heat. The vegetables should be very tender, this step may take 20 more minutes.
- Finish by adding the spinach and simmer for 10 more minutes.
- Discard the bay leaf and add the fresh basil.
- Serve hot and top each bowl with 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese.