According to the Twitter account @dylandkt, Apple is preparing to achieve what more or less resembles a merger between the MacBook Air and the MacBook “period”. To do this, the brand would abandon the second nomenclature but also the sharp design of the first which has nevertheless made its reputation. Always on the design side, several colors would be there, like the 24-inch iMac. As for the keyboard, it would be surrounded by black as for the new Magic Keyboard.
As one would expect following Monday’s keynote where MacBook Pros with this singular feature were presented, the 2022 MacBook Air would also have a mini-LED screen with a notch, but without ProMotion technology. Objective: to enlarge the surface of the screen, but above all to achieve a marketing coup of genius. It is in this notch that a 1080p FaceTime camera would hide, again as on the computers announced this week. Without Face ID.
On the port side, the MacBook Air would charge for the first time with MagSafe (30 watts) since 2017. USB-C ports would fortunately still be available to connect accessories, but without HDMi port or slot to read cards SD. Finally, users would benefit from a faster processor than the M1 maybe called M2 and the MacBook Air would be more expensive than today.
The upcoming MacBook (Air) will release in the middle of 2022. It will have MagSafe, a 1080p webcam, USB C ports, a 30W power adapter, and no fans. There will be color options similar to the iMac 24. The bezels and keyboard will be an off white with full sized function keys.
– Dylan (@dylandkt) October 21, 2021
According to @LeaksApplePro
A keynote in March to perhaps announce an enlarged iMac and the new Mac mini.
IPhone 14 range
- punch selfie camera on the iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max editions
- two screen sizes: 6.1 inches for the iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Pro versus 6.7 inches for the iPhone 14 Max and iPhone 14 Pro Max
- maybe up to 2TB storage capacity (Pro and Pro Max)
- ProMotion technology on iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max only
- probably a titanium edition of your choice
- notch on the “classic” iPhone 14
- no iPhone 14 mini
- better screen-to-size ratio
- thicker format
- Lightning port retained
- price increase
- new design
- probably released in the first quarter of 2022, but production would already be launched in Asia
- same power outlet as on the last iMac
- four USB-C ports
- two USB-A ports
- ethernet port
- HDMI socket
- same design as the 24 ″
- M1 Pro and M1 Max chips
- mini-LED screen and ProMotion
AirPods Pro 2
- shorter stems (or no stems at all: finally!)
- better noise cancellation
- white color only
AirPods Max 2
- new colors
- released in 2023 at the earliest
Apple Watch Series 8
- new design
- Touch ID
- three different screen sizes: 41, 45 and 48 mm