Last night, Apple released the new 14.3 versions of iOS, iPadOS and tvOS. At the same time, the Californian firm has released a new version 11.1 for macOS. This new iteration of macOS Big Sur is supported by the Macs listed here and is installed by going to System Preferences> Software Update then clicking “Upgrade Now”.
What’s new for macOS 11.1?
Unlike iOS 14.3, there are not many new features for macOS 11.1. There is of course the addition of support for Apple’s new headset, the AirPods Max. There is also support for photos in ProRaw format.
In addition, iPhone and iPad applications used on Mac can now be displayed in either portrait windowed, landscape windowed mode, or full screen.
And then, it is necessary to count on the resolution of the following bugs:
- Randomly stop video playback with the QuickTime Player app
- Mac Unlock feature randomly malfunction with Apple Watch
- Bluetooth missing from the Control Center
- Scroll speed sometimes unusually fast with the touchpad of some MacBook Pros
- Display resolution limited to 4K instead of 5K for LG UltraFine 5K display when used with Mac with M1 chip
Who updated their Mac to macOS 11. 1? Does everything work with the new version?