At the first symptom of a loss of defenses, this delicious, satiating, and medicinal soup will be the best ally to strengthen the immune system and prevent diseases.
There is nothing more comforting than eat hot soup on cold and rainy days, they are also the perfect food to fill us with vitality, prevent, and heal diseases. It is a fact that soups are a powerful medicinal ally, especially those that are distinguished by the use of ingredients of great therapeutic potential.
When the body presents a low or deterioration in defenses, send us clear signals so that we can take the necessary measures. Between the main messages symptoms such as exhaustion, headache, apathy, digestive problems, impairment in concentration and performance, and lack of energy. The good news is that through the consumption of healing foods, it is possible to comfort the body and even prevent the appearance of diseases and infections.
Such is the case with this chicken and rice medicinal soup recipe, it is delicious, fresh, and of great nutritional value. At the same time, it is a complete dish of the most satisfying since it is made with juicy chicken thighs infused in garlic and ginger.
The perfect touch is tender jasmine rice and the rest of its ingredients that are characterized by being full flavors, aromas, and textures by fresh herbs how mint and coriander, lime, the power of turmeric, and peanuts.
The combination of all these ingredients results in a powerful medicinal remedy, each element provides essential nutrients for replenishing the body, boost the immune system, reduce inflammation, hydrate, and fight any pain.
Healing Chicken and Rice Soup Recipe:
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 inches fresh ginger peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 shallot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 3-4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup of jasmine rice
- 6 to 8 cups of chicken broth
- Juice of 4 lemons (about 1/4 cup)
- Fresh herbs for topping (mint, basil, coriander)
- Peanuts, as a topping
Step by Step:
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the garlic, ginger, and shallot. Sauté for 3-5 minutes and finish by adding the chicken thighs, and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of salt and turmeric. Cook for 8 minutes. *Add 1/4 cup of water to the skillet to create a small steam bath if it is browning too much on the bottom.
- Remove the chicken pieces and reserve. Add the spinach and sauté for 2-3 minutes until they soften. Remove the spinach and reserve.
- Add rice to the saucepan and sauté mixing well for 1-2 minutes so you get all the flavors that stayed in the pan. Add 6 cups of broth and cook over very low heat.
- While the rice is cooking, shred the chicken. When the rice is soft, return the chicken and spinach back to the saucepan. If necessary add additional broth.
- Finish by seasoning with lemon juice, fresh herbs, and top with peanuts.
- Enjoy hot.