Green juices are the perfect ally in diabetic nutrition. They are low in calories, satiating, very nutritious, with great purifying power and regulate blood sugar
The consumption of green juices is one of the best morning habits that we can have. They help lose weight, purify and hydrate the body.
Photo: Image by Konstantin Kolosov from Pixabay / Pixabay
Diabetes is one of the chronic and degenerative diseases most worrying and recurring in today’s society. Appears when the pancreas does not make enough insulin or when the organism does not effectively use the insulin it produces, The effect of uncontrolled diabetes is hyperglycemia (increased blood sugar).
When diabetes gets complicated is a major cause of dangerous conditions that can cause death, among which stand out myocardial infarctionstrokes blindness, kidney failure and lower limb amputation.
The reality is that diabetes is currently one of the main causes of death in the world and although it is a disease that has no cure, specialists in medicine and nutrition agree on the exceptional effects of a balanced diet to combat it and even reverse it (especially in the cases of patients with pre-diabetes).
The diet for the diabetic population it’s not that different from any healthy and balanced diet, it is important that you include all food groups how abundant fruits, vegetablescereals tubers, legumes and food of animal origin. Of course, special attention should be paid to the food preparation, avoiding those who are fried, weathered and very greasy. It is also key to omit the consumption of processed foods, alcohol and fast foodsIn general, everything that stands out for its high content in saturated fats, refined flours, sugars and sodium.
One of the main dietary recommendations it is consumption of green juices. Green juices are a extraordinary alternative in the diet of people with diabetes, this is because they are a great way to Increase consumption of fruits and vegetables. At the same time they stand out for their contribution in essential nutrients, are low in calories and sugar, strengthen the immune system and due to its low glycemic index a great ally for regulate blood glucose levels.
Tips for preparing green juices:
- If you decide to add an additional liquid in the juice choose to use purified water, coconut water or some natural infusion, avoid the use of dairy products, remember that it is not a smoothie or smoothie juice. The recommendation if deemed necessary is to add 1/2 cup of some extra liquid since fruits and vegetables are very rich in water.
- Green juices are not only made with vegetablesIn fact, fruits give it a sweet touch and a extra in nutrients. It is important to review the combinations and consider them as part of the daily caloric intake.
- Try to use fresh and seasonal ingredientsa, they are the easiest to acquire and richest in nutrients. You can also contemplate the use of frozen fruits and vegetables.
- There are some products that are more recommended than others, always try to integrate a cup of green leafy vegetables. As is the case of the spinach (rich in vitamins A, E, C and K), broccoli, lettucearugula chard, cabbage or kale and inclusive some fashionable seaweed. An important tip is always add lemon juice, as its contribution in vitamin C helps it absorb much better the iron.
- Other ingredients highly recommended for making diabetic juices are: citric fruits like oranges, grapefruit, limes and lemons, passion fruitblueberries watermelonapples Kiwi, strawberries, pomegranateplum pineappleguava papaya, peaches and blackberries. They are also a great ally the low calorie vegetables and starches that stand out for their high content of fiber and other essential nutrients, Like the nopales, broccoli, parsleycoriander celery and cucumber.
- Add foods with therapeutic potential and very low in calories, as with the spices and medicinal plants It is a great ally. Consider adding products like gingerturmeric cinnamon, Pepper, mint, basil, cardamom, cloves, anise and vanilla extract. The seeds are also a good complement especially those of chia and flaxseed.
Green juice recipe for diabetics:
Wait no more and control glucose levels since you wake up. This juice recipe for diabetics is the perfect example of what a healthy, light, satiating juice and packed with nutrients. Its consumption as a daily morning remedy It will also be of great help to detoxify the body, eliminate toxins, speed up metabolism and improve digestion.
- 1 cup spinach
- 2 pineapple slices
- 100 ml of orange juice
- 1/2 piece of cactus, clean
- 1 large lemon (to obtain the juice)
- 1 medium stalk celery
- 1 medium piece of fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon of flaxseed
- A couple of sprigs of parsley
- Wash and disinfect all ingredients well.
- In the blender glass add the orange juice, the spinach, the pineapple, the nopal, the celery and mix well until the ingredients are integrated. Proceed by adding the piece of ginger peeled and chopped into slices, flaxseed and parsley sprigs, process until a smooth and smooth liquid is obtained.
- Serve in a large glass and add the juice of a freshly squeezed lemon directly.
- Consume as a morning habit, preferably fasting.