Only with 2 ingredients that give you energy, satiety, antioxidants, and good spirits
Amaranth and chocolate bars are nutritious and healthy snacks if you make them without added sugar. It is a really simple and inexpensive recipe that you only need two ingredients. Both are delicious, they are stimulants for mood, memory, provide energy and satiety, while giving you proteins, minerals, and antioxidants.
These amaranth bars are a better alternative to those that have a large number of sweeteners and additives. In addition to protein, amaranth too gives you iron, calcium, and phosphorus; and it is low in fat.
The cocoa in chocolate is rich in plant chemicals called flavonoids that can help protect the heart. Chocolate can be a good dessert when you try to watch your weight if you consume it in the proper way.
Amaranth and chocolate bars
- 200 grams of toasted amaranth
- 460 g dark chocolate
The dark chocolate contains up to 2-3 times more flavanol-rich cocoa solids than milk chocolate.
- Place the chocolate in the saucepan or bowl until it melts in a double boiler.
- Add the toasted amaranth and mix until the ingredients are incorporated.
- Pour the mixture into pewter or refractory saucepan and spread evenly and press the preparation to compact the amaranth until it reaches an approximate thickness of 1.5 cm. Let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Cut individual bars and allow them to dry for 30 minutes. Then turn the bars to dry completely for a day, they should stay in a ventilated, clean and dry place.
- Store your bars in a glass or plastic container that is hermetically sealed.
Store them in a cool, dry, dark place. You can store them for up to 3 months, don’t forget to put a label on the container with the date of manufacture.
More protein than other cereals
Amaranth concentrates more protein than most cereals such as wheat and rice; in addition, it contains eight essential amino acids. It does not contain gluten and is good for cardiovascular disease, stomach pain, and anemia publishes the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO).
He amaranth contains tryptophan, an amino acid that can help preserve the memory, increase a person’s ability to learn and remember things, and regulate mood. Meanwhile, the cocoa in chocolate contains theobromine, a stimulating milder than caffeine, but longer acting. That is why when we eat chocolate we can feel more enthusiasm and happiness.
Did you know?
Amaranth is of Mexican origin and has been cultivated in Mexico for 7 thousand years. Appreciated for its nutritional value, it was one of the main foods of the Mayans and the Aztecs used it to make tamales, atole, and tortillas.