SEO is an area that can seem complicated for the uninitiated. This is why many agencies have emerged in recent years, in order to offer companies services that meet their expectations.
But what about SEO freelancing? Is it a cheaper and less efficient solution than agencies? We will see together what it is…
It is often said that SEO is a free acquisition channel, because optimization actions do not require paying anything. However, since the domain is difficult to access, we sometimes need to pay service providers to carry out optimization actions.
That being said, it is possible to reduce costs by learning how to do it yourself (especially through SEO coaching), but it takes time and is not always very effective.
That is why agencies and freelancers are often more successfulbecause they have the experience and knowledge necessary to make your website visible in search engines.
Why are there so many independent SEO consultants?
Quite simply because SEO is a specialty that does not require a particular degree. In addition, it is possible to train online and acquire the skills necessary to succeed in this field.
That being said, it’s important to point out that SEO is an ever-changing field, which makes the knowledge of freelancers and agencies ever more valuable, it’s not just about wanting to become an SEO consultant to become proficient.
Indeed, search engines regularly change their algorithms, which directly impacts the results of websites. It is therefore important to always be up to date in order to be able to provide the best solutions to companies.
Is there a real difference between freelance and agency SEO rates?
Yes, there is a price difference between agencies and freelancers. Indeed, agencies generally have higher structural costs than freelancers.
In addition, they often have larger and more experienced teams, which allows them to offer more comprehensive and better services.
So let’s see together what exactly explains these differences:
The factors explaining the “affordable” price of an independent SEO:
1. He works alone, therefore without an employee to pay
2. Its expenses are generally lower than those of an agency (rent, travel expenses, etc.)
3. It can call on external service providers for certain tasks (content creation, web development, etc.), which allows it to reduce its costs.
The factors impacting the “premium” rate of an SEO agency:
1. She usually has several employees to pay
2. Their expenses are often higher than those of a freelancer (rent, travel expenses, etc.)
3. It usually has all the necessary skills in-house, which allows it to offer more complete services
Conclusion on the difference in pricing between agency and freelance SEO:
As you may have noticed, there is a price difference between agencies and freelancers. That being said, just because an agency is more expensive doesn’t necessarily mean it’s better.
Similarly, a cheaper freelancer is not necessarily a bad performance. It is important to take the time to compare the different offers before making your choice.
In effect, there are agencies that offer quality services at reasonable pricesjust as there are freelancers who offer less comprehensive but cheaper services.
The most important thing is to find the service provider that best suits your needs and your budget!
Stop looking for the cheapest SEO quote!
As mentioned earlier, SEO is an ever-changing field, which makes the knowledge of freelancers and agencies ever more valuable.
That’s why you shouldn’t try to get the cheapest SEO quote, because it could cost you in the long run!
It is therefore important to carefully compare the different offers before making your choice, keeping in mind that natural referencing is an area of expertise where qualitative work must be done over the long term to obtain the best results.
Ps: here is a guide to choosing the best freelance SEO consultant.
How do you know if SEO support is sold at the right price?
Here are some elements that will allow you to know if an SEO support is sold at the right price:
- 1. The service provider takes the time to explain to you what he is going to do, how he is going to proceed and what is the price associated with each mission;
- 2. The service provider is attentive to your needs and your objectives;
- 3. The service provider is transparent about its prices;
- 4. The service provider offers a service adapted to your budget;
- 5. He knows how to justify his price in relation to his experience, his skills and his offer.
The average SEO price list for agencies and freelancers per mission:
|Assignment||Work time||Freelance rate||Agency rate|
|Netlinking campaign||1d / month||500€||1000€|
|Optimization / Content creation||2d / month||1000€||2000€|
Article written by Paul Vengeons.