IOS version 15 is available since September 20, 2021. We saw here how to install this major update of iOS and there what are the main new features.
A few days later, a first beta version was released for iOS 15.1, followed by a second two weeks ago and a third the first week of October. That’s not all, a 4th beta has been available since last night. Few changes to note for this new test iteration of iOS 15.1, it would mostly be bug fixes and security improvements.
We know that iOS 15.1 should bring the following new features:
- Wallet: possibility of integrating the American equivalent of the health pass
- Apple Watch: Fixed the bug that prevented iPhone 13 users from unlocking their machine with Apple Watch while wearing a mask. See here the details about this feature, problematic for once for owners of one of the new iPhone
- Auto-macro on iPhone 13 Pro / Pro Max: new setting to enable or disable auto-macro mode for photography, found in Settings> Camera. In iOS 15, the latter automatically turns on when the target of the photograph is at a distance of 10 cm or less from the iPhone
- Video capture in ProRes: support for this new video format is supported on iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro. To record in ProRes video, you must activate the Apple ProRes option found in Settings> Camera> Formats
- Lossless Audio and Dolby Atmos with Spatial Audio: support for these new features by HomePod and HomePod mini speakers
- Look Around: fix for a display quality bug for this “Google Street-like” feature only available in a few cities around the world
– domenico panacea (@domenicopanacea) October 6, 2021
If you spot any other changes, bugs or features, please let us know in the comments!
Note that tvOS, iPadOS and watchOS are also available in version 15.1b4, 15.1b4 and 8.1b4 respectively.
How do I install a public beta?
In this previous article announcing the release of the first public beta of iOS 14, we let’s detail the procedure to install a public beta of iOS. So don’t hesitate to refer to it if you want to become a tester.
Do not miss :