Yesterday appeared the first developer beta versions for iOS 14.5 and the other OS iPadOS 14.5, tvOS 14.5 and watchOS 7.4. This new burst of updates follows on from last week, which saw final releases of iOS 14.4, iPadOS 14.4, watchOS 7.3, and macOS 11.2 more recently.
For a few hours, then, iOS 14.5 beta 1 is available for download. This means that developers can take advantage of this update to test their apps.
We already know that iOS 14.5 will include the following new features:
- Xbox Series and PS5 controller support
- support for 5G dual-SIM on iPhone
- unlocking the iPhone becomes possible by wearing a mask, provided you have an Apple Watch on your wrist
- AirPlay 2 support for Fitness +
- family sharing support for the Apple Card
For watchOS 7.4 and tvOS 14.5, at this stage, there would be no notable new features to report. However, we are awaiting the return of the first testers on Twitter who will not hesitate to report any changes detected in the coming days.