The second developer beta versions for iOS 14.5 and the other iPadOS 14.5, tvOS 14.5 and watchOS 7.4 OS were released last night. This new burst of updates follows on from last week, which saw the first beta releases of iOS 14.5, iPadOS 14.5, watchOS 7.4 and macOS 11.3 more recently.
iOS 14.5 in beta 2, compared to beta 1, makes the following changes:
- Emojis: a new set of 217 emojis
- Apple Music: new control gestures for the Apple Music app
- Shortcuts: introduction of new actions for taking screenshots, landscape / portrait orientation change and 4G or 5G network switching
- MagSafe: haptic feedback now occurs when a MagSafe accessory is connected
- iPad and security: the microphone is automatically deactivated when the protection of an iPad is closed on the device
It also seems that this new test version of iOS 14.5 fixes a green screen tint bug for some iPhone and iPhone 12. In addition, in the software code, new information has been detected regarding a MagSafe battery. This would mean that Apple would prepare its own MagSafe battery for iPhone, perhaps with a design similar to what we had already seen there?
On Apple Watch, watchOS 7.4 beta 2 fixes various display bugs and offers fine interface improvements.
Find a list of all the new iOS 14.5 features here, including the following:
- Xbox Series and PS5 controller support
- support for 5G dual-SIM on iPhone
- unlocking the iPhone becomes possible by wearing a mask, provided you have an Apple Watch on your wrist
- AirPlay 2 support for Fitness +
- family sharing support for the Apple Card
This developer beta should arrive in public beta within a few hours.