Enjoy a sweet craving with this vegan baked donut recipe. They are made with simple pantry ingredients, they are healthy and without yeast. They are an earthly delight!
Eating a donut has never been so healthy, know the step by step to prepare this vegetarian, gluten-free, and baked recipe.
Surely occasionally the craving for a succulent and sweet donut takes over you. However, we all know that as delicious as they are donuts are a food harmful to health this is largely due to its composition and manufacturing process.
Conventional and commercial donuts stand out for being rich in saturated fats, cholesterol, trans fat, and simple sugars, To this is added that its cooking process is fried. You probably can’t imagine some donuts made without no yeast and eggs and especially without frying good news is that today we have many recipes on hand that work as great healthier alternatives.
Such is the case of this wonderful recipe vegan baked donuts, they are healthy, comforting, are made with simple ingredients, and best of all is that tIt takes 15 minutes to prepare them. They are fluffy and tender on the outside, they are not greasy and they have the perfect sweet taste.
Vegan And Gluten-Free Donut Recipe:
- 1 1/2 cups (190 g) of gluten-free flour (any variant works well)
- 3/4 cup (150 g) white sugar
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) soy milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of applesauce
- 5 tablespoons vegan butter (melted)
For the chocolate topping:
- 1 cup (175 g) vegan chocolate chips or chopped vegan chocolate
- Colored granule
For the cinnamon sugar coating:
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter (melted)
- 1/2 cup (50 g) sugar
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
Step by Step:
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C.
- Prepare two donut trays with nonstick spray.
- Mix dry ingredients well, sift the flour into a bowl and add the sugar, the baking powder, the salt, the cinnamon, and the nutmeg. Add the liquid elements, soy milk, vanilla, applesauce, and melted vegan butter and mix well with a whisk, removing any lumps.
- Place the donut dough in a pastry bag or very carefully with the help of a spoon, pour the dough in each compartment of the donut trays.
- Bake for 15 minutes until lightly browned on top.
- Remove from the oven and allows them to cool to room temperature for a few minutes before transferring the donuts to a wire rack. They should be completely cold before decorating with the toppings.
- For the chocolate topping: Melt the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and heat at 30-second intervals, Occasionally remove to mix until completely melted. Dip the donuts in the melted chocolate and arrange them on a baking sheet lined with plastic wrap or for baking, pour colored granules to taste.
- When all the donuts are ready place the tray in the refrigerator for a few minutes so that the chocolate settles.
- For the cinnamon sugar coating: Mix the sugar and cinnamon in a bowl. Melt the vegan butter and with the help of a kitchen brush varnishes the donuts with butter and immediately place them in the bowl with cinnamon sugar. In the same way, arrange the donuts in a tray lined with paper.