Substituting the consumption of commercial dressings for homemade is a great habit that improves health. Try this creamy and unmatched vegan avocado ranch dressing recipe – it will become your favorite!
Avocado is one of the healthiest foods today, it stands out for its high content of healthy fats, vitamins, and minerals.
The salads They are a basic food dish not only are they refreshing and light, but they are also rich in nutrients. Eating salad is an extraordinary way to increase the consumption of fruits and vegetables therefore it is a good way to ensure the consumption of vitamins, minerals, fiber, and antioxidants that the body needs to function.
Today there are all kinds of salad recipes and they are a so versatile dish that lends itself to creating creative combinations. There is no salad without a rich dressing they are the perfect complement to season, season, and fill any salad with personality. However, on many occasions add very caloric dressings, you can take away everything healthy from good merit of eating salads.
The ranch dressing is one of the most popular and favorite stands out for its creamy texture and an unrivaled touch of herbs which gets along well with all vegetables, unfortunately, it is considered one of the more caloric and high in fat. Another factor that does not influence in favor is that we are normally used to consuming commercial dressings, which stand out for being processed foods with high fat, dairy, preservative, additive, and sodium content.
Get in the habit of preparing dressings homemade is a great way to take care of our health, we will not only be watching the ingredients it contains They are so much richer!
Table of Contents
The Secret: Supplement mayonnaise with avocado
Taking into account that most ranch dressings are made on the basis of mayonnaise, sour cream, and buttermilk. These are the ingredients that must be supplied to create a healthier version. The good news is that there are foods from the great nutritional and medicinal value that wonderfully replace the use of dairy, such is the case of the avocado and the extra virgin olive oil. The result is a creamy, generous, and irresistible avocado dressing, which has even a better consistency than traditional ranch dressing.
Best of all is that can be used in many ways, it is very versatile. It is ideal to use to bathe any salad, overcooked vegetables, as a sauce to accompany all kinds of vegetables, the ideal dip for cauliflower wings, or as a healthy substitute for mayonnaise in salads, sandwiches, tacos, fajitas, and burritos.
Vegan Avocado Ranch Dressing Recipe:
- 1 medium avocado
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoonful of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon of dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoonful of dijon or ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon of maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons fresh herb mix (parsley, basil, dill)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
Step By Step Preparation:
- Add all the ingredients in the blender glass and process until you get a smooth and creamy sauce. * If you consider it necessary, you can add more almond milk until it is the desired consistency.
- Once the texture is to your liking, try and season with additional salt and pepper if necessary.
- Pour the dressing into a glass container with a tight lid. It keeps well for 1-2 days, always in refrigeration.