Oatmeal is all the rage, it’s one of the healthiest superfoods. Learn how to make these unique, fiber-rich, gluten-free and dairy-free cookies
Eating cookies has never been so healthy and easy.
Photo: Oatmeal and coconut cookies. / Pixabay
If you consider yourself one of those people who you can’t live without eating something sweet in your day, especially after lunch, is probably oatmeal cookie recipe you find it interesting. Today we all want take care of our health and improve our lifestyleFor this reason, food has taken a fundamental role.
Food and quality of them are the most powerful tools to live healthier, based on this we currently have at hand a long superfoods that even in Recent months have become a trend. Among the most popular is the oats and although it is one of the healthier and more nutritious food of all time recently its popularity It has taken off impressively.
Oatmeal is in fashion and everywhere, is part of nutritious and delicious dishes covering all categories. Integrating oatmeal in any meal provides much of the essential nutrients that the body needs. Best of all is that it is easy to integrate into everything, from drinks such as water, juices and smoothies, it is a very important element in a full breakfast, good complement in salads, soups and stews and the best ally in pastries and desserts.
The truth is that integrating oats in the daily diet is a magnificent custom which is related to great medicinal properties. Its consumption is good ally of the cardiovascular system, regulates high levels of cholesterol and blood sugar, is extraordinary for digestion and intestinal health, protects the body from diseases, illnesses, strengthens the immune system, promotes physical and mental performance, and is one of the best food for lose weight.
Taking oats as a faithful ally give us a sweet taste it becomes healthy. The next time you die from eating something sweet, avoid commercial goodies and prepare this wonder of oatmeal cookie recipe. They are very healthy, for their part the oats brings good fiber levels, little coconut sugar is used and coconut oil a great healthy and vegan fat, another genius is due to the use of applesauce instead of butter.
Are the perfect sweet craving to enjoy as a half-day snack, for after physical activity, in the afternoon for coffee and at all hours. A cookie provides lots of nutrition and 115 calories. Do you dare to prepare them?
Coconut and Oatmeal Cookie Recipe:
- 2 1/4 cups organic oatmeal
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt
- 6 tablespoons of organic coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons of applesauce
- 1 cup coconut sugar (organic brown sugar works, too)
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup raisins or dark chocolate chips or your favorite mix
- Preheat the oven to 175 ºC.
- Prepare two baking sheets you can varnish them with oil spray or cover with wax paper. Reservation.
- In a medium bowl add the dry ingredients: oatmeal, oatmeal, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Set aside.
- In the mixer bowl add the egg whites and allow them to fluff up, proceed by adding the sugar, the oil, the applesauce and the vanilla essence. Process until there is one fluffy mix.
- Slowly add the dry ingredient mixture, until a thicker cookie dough forms. Finish by adding the raisins or chocolate chips.
- With the help of a spoon place balls of dough on the tray, try a distance of 2 inches between each.
- With the help of a fork presses each cookie slightly.
- Bake for 10 minutes., or until golden. * Cookies may look a little soft at first, keep them from over-baking or will become very crisp.
- Remove from oven and let cool on pan for about 5 minutes or until they start to harden a bit.
- Enjoy at all hours!