According to various sources, including Mark Gurman, recognized specialist of the Californian firm, Apple will hold a keynote at month of october. In September, the Californian firm would announce, during its classic back-to-school presentation, new iPhone 14 and Apple Watch Series 8. The following month, therefore, it would be the turn of new iPads and Macs to shine.
On this subject, Bloomberg’s analysis provides a good batch of novelties:
- iPad 10: the iPad would return for a tenth generation, with USB-C port (instead of Lightning on the last generation), Retina display with the same resolution as the last iPad and possibly an increase in screen size to 10, 9 inches diagonally, compared to 10.5 currently. The processor would be an A14 Bionic model
- iPad Pro: two new versions of the iPad Pro should see the light of day, with 10 and 12.9 inch screen diagonals, taking advantage of the new Apple silicon M2 chip
- Mac M2: the Apple silicon M2 chip that recently arrived on MacBook Air and MacBook Pro 13″ will possibly land on Mac mini, but also on MacBook Pro 14 and MacBook Pro 16″
- Software: if iOS 16, tvOS 16 and watchOS 9 see the light of day in September, Apple should wait about a month longer for macOS Ventura, but also for iPadOS 16, to stick to the release of new machines, tablets and Macs. See in particular here nearly 100 new features brought by iOS and iPadOS 16, and here all the changes brought by macOS Ventura
When is Apple’s October keynote for iPad and Mac?
Here are the last 6 Mac and iPad keynotes held by Apple in October:
- Monday, October 18, 2021
- Tuesday, October 30, 2018
- Thursday, October 27, 2016
- Thursday, October 16, 2014
- Tuesday, October 22, 2013
- Tuesday, October 23, 2012
Note that in 2020, the Mac and iPad event took place in November. The month of October was the time of the iPhone presentation exceptionally.
In any case, we notice two things: on the one hand, the October keynote does not take place during the first half of the month, on the other hand, it takes place on Monday, Tuesday or Thursday .
Taking this history into account, we can count on an iPad and Mac 2022 keynote on the following potential dates:
- Week of October 17: keynote between Monday 17 and Thursday 20
- Or week of October 24: keynote between Monday 24 and Thursday 27
Apple iPad Pro 4 12.9″ 128GB